<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Bubble Wrap&Booze 

I went to New Brunswick for the weekend, with my mother and brother to visit my grandmother, job and apartment hunt. I was sick the first few days, but managed to apply online for a few things, update my resume, visit some friends, kick some ass at pool.

Then the phone rang, and I heard my Mom say "Oh DEAR" which is ALWAYS bad news.... So I stand in front of her on the verge of tears as my grandmother tells me my brother Daniel is on the phone, something must be wrong with my Dad.

My father was in a car accident, he broke his collarbone and bruised his lungs, he was in the hospital for two days. I had to make my Mom TWO very stiff drinks before she could even remotely think about going to bed. We all worried a LOT! My Mother, grandmother and I watched 5 episodes of "Extreme Makeover:Home edition" (I cried far too much), while we drank and ate popcorn.

My mother has returned to Alberta, my father is out of the Hospital, and Sean and I start new jobs on Monday and Wednesday respectively.

The first job is inbound customer service for 11$ an hour, and the second as a Security alarm consultant. I am psyched. The best part is the alarm consultant (for ADT) I can do when I go to university in the fall... This is awesome. I already have a place to live in Sackville, Mount Allison here I come! (some people should start practising their apologies and saying "Doctor Jamie")

We went apartment shopping,and found some pretty sweet places, I think everyone should move to Moncton, loads of jobs. I seen tons of "We're Hiring" signs, and check out the posting on the Government of Canada's Job Bank. The cost of living is not that high, and the population and job market are growing.....

Kenzie is coming east to stay in two weeks! HOORAY! Wedding is only a month and one week away.... I need to find a date.... ICK!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?