<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Free falling  

Last Sunday night, Jay, Amanda, Carol, Sean and I went down to swim by Marion Bridge at the wharf. The boats constantly coming in and out keep all the eel grass down and you can dive off the end of the wharf (I love to dive) and it's kinda sandy.

Jay wanted to jump off the bridge, I was scared, I have wanted to do it since I was a little kid, since I first heard of and then seen people actually jump off the Bridge. I have a fear of heights, it's not a paralyzing fear, but it's a fear nonetheless. We go up to the top of the bridge, I had my glasses on, and a T-shirt over my bathing suit, it's 9 o'clock at night, it's kinda breezy.

"She was standing there, the hardness of the cement pinching her toes, the wind slipping through her hair, the fear of the drop tugging at her insides. She couldn't see the water, only the slight reflection from the street lights, her friend waiting for her in the water. She knew that if she didn't go soon the fear would paralyze her, the cool air was causing her body to tense, the voices behind her were nervous and high pitched. What was she doing, this was her idea, could she handle this drop, it looked really intimidating from here. Her friend was waiting, he tried to be encouraging, but she clocked it out, she cured quietly and then plummeted. She wondered if she should plug her nose, her stomach had soared up out of her body, the whoosh the slipped past her ears, the glorious free falling, her toes slipping into the water, and her body plunging quickly thereafter. She arced her body when she went under to push her back up. She broke the surface with a squeal, she had conquered the bridge."

I jumped from the opposite side the second time, we jumped from the higher side first, the second time was much more terrifying because I had to wait for Amanda and she was freaking out, so that I became apprehensive. I was also cold and shivering waiting for her to go, that when I went I landed poorly my breasts and hands slapped the water, and I felt like I had been punched in the chest the next morning.

What a rush!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?